Summaries and Status through IETF 93, July 19 - 24, 2015 in Prague
- WG met Monday afternoon
- Stable audience (+100)
- Good meeting with meaningful presentations and constructive discussions on the mic - people applauded at the end of the session
- Other side of the coin: much more time requested (than we had booked) while very little traffic on the list since Dallas. Need to find ways for discussions to also happen on the list.
- IESG buffer nearly empty (1 doc remaining), but 4 to 5 documents will soon knock on the door.
- 2 RFC published, 2 documents Last Called, 2 documents adopted
- 18 WG documents, some ready for WG LC, and few individual I-Ds ready for adoption
- Do not hesitate asking us for the "how not to get a slot" slide
- Not meeting at IETF 93
- S(eamless)-BFD drafts have completed WGLC and need document shepherd writeup. Being heavily collaborative documents involving a large portion of active WG population, Jeff as chair needs to do writeup. Jeff is behind.
- RFC 5884-bis had completed WGLC and was in a similar waiting on shepherd writeup. Several comments have recently arrived that need to be evaluated.
- BFD Yang design team has made excellent progress. Will adopt document after IETF 93. (Should have adopted earlier.)
- Work with no new progress:
- BFD multipoint.
- BFD stability.
- New Work, not currently in charter, mentioned in and out of BFD:
- Using BFD with VRRP. (Multiple parties, including some discussion in rtgwg.)
- BFD for VxLAN.
- Optimizing BFD authentication. (Previously presented.)
- Potentially dead work:
- BFD generic authentication and SHA-2 extensions.
- BFD MPLS MIB.
- Meeting on Wednesday 1550 - 1720
- Recent RFCs
- RFC 7579:General Network Element Constraint Encoding for GMPLS-Controlled Networks
- RFC 7580: OSPF-TE Extensions for General Network Element Constraints
- RFC 7581: Routing and Wavelength Assignment Information Encoding for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
- Editor queue: draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling
- IESG Processing:draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk,draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf
- Completed WG LC: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label
- Liaison: To ITU-T SG15 Sent 8th, June 2015, response on “LS on ITU-T SG15 OTNT standardization work plan to ccamp”
- Ongoing activities: flexi grid encoding, otn updates, black-links/G.6982, discrete bandwidth extensions, impairment aware WSON.
- I2RS topology models have initial input (Filter-based RIB, RIB, and Topology model)
- NETCONF and I2RS are finalizing the requirements for I2RS.
- I2RS security is doing a presentation this afternoon.
- I2RS is meeting Tuesday (7/21)17:40-18:40 and Thursday (7/23)17:40-19:10
- Met Monday and will meet again Friday
- error-handling, as0 in RFC Ed queue now
- add-paths sent to IESG, but waiting for other add-paths drafts to proceed
- flowspec-redirect-rt-bis scheduled for upcoming telechat
- more to come soon!
- Met on Monday 15:20 - 17:20
- New I-Ds
- New WG Docs
- Updated WG Docs
- Existing WG Docs
- WG Last Call
- Submitted to IESG
- Meeting on Monday 1520 - 1720
- Review draft status and blocking items
- Introduction, Impact, Threats
- review pending WG items - LCAF and Crypto
- new documents on hybrid access and multi-tuple EIDs
- discuss rechartering
- should we recharter
- if so with what focus
- Two meeting is Prague
Wednesday July 22 2015, 17:40-19:40
Thursday July 23 2015, 15:20-17:20 (CEST)
- Six new RFCs
- 16 Active wg documents (but will increase a bit when the cut-off is lifted)
- 4 of them submitted to IESG for publication
- 1 draft returned to the working group for more work.
- Meets on Wednesday at 3:50pm
- Plan to discuss the path forward for Control Plane and Management Milestones
- Will ask for implementation reports, interop testing of Data Plane drafts
- Since IETF-92:
- Adopted three new WG drafts covering data plane encapsulations
- Adopted one new WG draft covering the multicast framework
- Two interim meetings since IETF 92
- OAM and Control plane
- Plan to have more before the next IETF.
- Meeting on Wednesday July 22 2015, 17:40 - 19:40
- Recent RFCs:
- RFC 7474 – Security Extension for OSPFv2 When Using Manual Key Management
- RFC 7503 – OSPFv3 Auto-configuration
- Post WG LC - Publication Requested
- Ongong activities:
- OSPF Model
- Multi-vendor design team consensus
- Aligned with Rtg-CFG, key-chain, and Segment Routing models
- Local RIB added to Operational state
- Need agreement on Operational state location
- Segment Routing
- Draft Update this IETF - Hope to WG last call by end of year (may need one more IETF)
- Lots of drafts making use of OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attributes - 2-part metrics, seamless BFD, entropy labels, maximally redundant trees, and BIER extensions.
- Other drafts dependent on RFC4970Bis including Routable Addresses and node admin tags.
- OSPFv3 Extended LSAs needs implementations.
- Action items
- Adoption of OSPFv3
- Advance OSPFv3 over IPv4
- Alternate solution for OSPFv3 Extension if Extended LSAs not implemented.
- Meeting on Thursday at 17:40
- Drafts to be discussed for the most part management related (OAM and YANG)
- No new RFCs or drafts in the RFC Editor's queue
- However, we currently have five drafts in IESG review (two awaiting new revisions)
- Plus more coming soon:
- One that has completed WG LC, waiting for shepherd review and writeup
- Two that have completed WG LC and are awaiting new revisions, then will be submitted
- One currently in WG last call
- At least two more very close to WG last call
- Meeting on Thursday, 1:00-3:00 PM
- No new RFC since Dallas
- A few documents pending chairs' review (e.g., stateful PCE suite)
- A couple of I-Ds ready for WG LC
- The agenda includes:
- SR and early codepoint allocation
- Yang initiative
- Some proposed new PCEP extensions (e.g., association, binding labels/SID, SFC...)
- Stateful control
- Met on Thursday 1pm-3pm, but shared with mboned, only met for 90 minutes. Needed more time.
- Group just recharterted, new name is Protocols for Ip Multicast
- Will do WGLC on draft-ietf-pim-explicit-rpf-vector
- Considering making draft-ietf-pim-explicit-tracking experimental, and may need an additional author
- Formed a YANG design team, worked on config model for PIM so far. See http://wiki.ietf.org/group/pim/yang
- 5 new drafts presented on various topics. None adopted, more discussion needed on the list and more people need to read the drafts.
IETF 93 - ROLL Meeting (1 hour)
Recharter: two work items
Details about how to compress RFC 6553, RFC 6554, and IP headers in the 6LoWPAN adaptation layer context
- ToDo (There are already some proposals, which they are going to be modified when the first item is done.)
Two meeting is Prague:
- Monday July 20 2015, 9:00-11:30
- Wednesday July 22 2015, 9:00-11:30
1 new RFC
Total 10 active wg documents
SPF Back-off algorithm for link state IGPs
Link State protocols SPF trigger and delay algorithm impact on IGP micro-loops
2 submitted to IESG for publication
Multicast only Fast Re-Route
Operational management of Loop Free Alternates
Meeting on Friday July 24 0900-1130
status: ten new draft versions
- two minor refreshes
- several final versions in response to wglc comments
- one request for publication (and maybe a second by Friday)
- two lengthy reviews after wglc
new drafts proposed to the working group
- RPKI actions necessary to handle transfer of address blocks
- possible adverse actions by a certificate authority
we'll discuss implementation experience of the new RPKI transport protocol
we'll discuss draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-01
- accepted by IDR working group
- WG docs: 2 new WG drafts (Segment Routing YANG, SPRING OAM Requirements)
- Nearly for IESG: Problem Statement
- Adoption call for 4 documents: starting today for 1 month
- WG Last Call for Architecture: starting today for 1 month (cc IS-IS, OSPF, MPLS, 6MAN)
- Updating Milestones.
- Meeting on Wednesday July 22 2015, 13:00 - 15:30
- Recent RFCs:
- RFC7570: Label Switched Path Attribute in the Explicit Route Object
- RFC7551: RSVP-TE Extensions for Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
- RFC7571: GMPLS RSVP-TE Extensions for Lock Instruct and Loopback
- Post WG LC - Publication Requested
- Ongong activities:
- TE Topology Model (WG Adopted)
- Co-ordination with I2RS topology design teams
- Informal meeting held on Monday
- TE-Topology Model will augment I2RS base topology model
- L1/L0 Models will augment TE-Topology Model (CCAMP)
- Topological elements in L3/L2 topologies will have references to corresponding topological elements in the TE Topology
- RSVP/TE Models
- Co-ordination with Openconfig team
The content of this page was last updated on 2015-08-01. It was migrated from the old Trac wiki on 2022-12-22.