The team members focused on the Info-model are:
- Nitin Bahadur nitin_bahadur@… [leader]
- Ron Folkes ronf@…
- Sriganesh Kini sriganesh.kini@…
- Jan Medved jmedved@…
The team members focused on the RIB yang Data-model are
- Lixing (Viviene) Wang wanglixing@… [co-leader]
- Mach Chen mach.chen@… [co-leader]
- Amit Dass amit.dass@…
- Ignas Bagdonas Ignas Bagdonas ibagdona@…
- Hari Ananthakrishnan hari@…
- Nitin Bahadur nitin_bahadur@…
- Russ White russw@…
The RIB Model design team is responsible for creating two drafts:
The WG chairs desire that design teams to:
- Keep the draft text in github
- Keep the yang model in github
- Leader will send weekly status to I2RS chairs
- drafts will be submit to IETF repository on 2/25/2015 and update on 3/9
- presentations given by team at IETF92
If you would like to join the design team, please send a note to I2RS co-chair (shares@…)
- Wednesday, February 26, 2015 [30 minute Q&A]
- Drafts due by 2/25
- Presentation of RIB Yang Module to I2RS virtual interim at 3/5/2015
- WG Adoption call for RIB Yang model (3/10 to 3/24/2015)
- WG LC on RIB Information model (3/10 to 3/24/2015)
- WG presentation of RIB Yang Model and RIB Info Model changes at IETF 92
Revisions regarding next-hop should be consider for IETF93.
Authors presented revisions to the I2RS RIB Info Model and a new I2RS RIB Data Model (Yang). ==
Status on 1/22 from RIB Team
- Based discussion there is no need to add RPC for the route , route state , nexthop and nexthop state.
- Finished revision of nexthop structure
- Capabilities should be readable not writable
- Things which need to be discussed:
- If Route capability(ipv4,ipv6,mpls ) need negotiation.
- Add the requirement item.
- Add more route or nexthop state and statistic information.
- Type to augment or use netmod-routing-cfg
*Discussion looked at the clarity of the nexthop-list RBNF,
- the replication (section 6.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.6, and 7.3).
*Hari explained that the recursion uses a reference field (someone like the SQL Reference field to different tables).
*Nitin explained that US Provider uses primary, secondary, and tertiary uses. *Sue is concerned about the next-hop uses in the MBH use case.
- RIB Information Model uses recursive nexthop
- Hari will confirm with Yang Doctors if the recursion he suggest is workable.
- Based on the Yang Doctor's response, Hari will create changes in the RIB Yang model that the Design Team is working on.
- Nitin will examine how to better refine the next-hop-list to be more readable, and still fit with Hari
- Sue, Lixing, and Mach will provide examples for multicast (PIM, L2 EVPN, P2MP MPLS, MP2MP MPLS) examples.
- next-hop list from Hari will be used for the yang modules
- Nitin and Sriganesh should send question to Adrian on better RBNF
- Multicast examples work fine,
- Sue will send a question on primary/backup or primary/backup/teritary
- No more meetings until 2/26 at 8pm PT, 5pm ET
Comparison with netmod-routing-cfg-15
- After get a consistent I2RS RIB Information Model and Yang Data Model, we will consider how it interacts with netmod-routing-cfg
- Sue will keep Lada, Jurgen, and Benoit informed of our work
The content of this page was last updated on 2015-06-03. It was migrated from the old Trac wiki on 2023-01-21.